Wednesday, February 21, 2018

The Tilley Dress

I got the great opportunity you be a part of the testing of this fun dress for Linda over at www.themerrychurchmouse.com.  it went through a lot of revisions to get it perfect, but now it is ready.

 My granddaughter loves it. When I gave it to her she was so excited. She asked her mom if she could wear it all day. I think it has become a favorite.


There are no zippers or buttons, so it makes it great for a beginner. And it has great twirl factor which is something that all little girls seem to love.

I need to make a full slip for her to wear under this dress. Just haven't gotten it done yet.

I love the flounce on the sleeves. There are two versions you can do with this dress. 1 is the single skirt that I did and the other one has a double skirt with a ruffle on it. Both versions are very cute.

If you want a dress that is not hard to make, then you need to try this pattern.

Hint on gathering this dress.  I had heard of this before, but with as many things as I have gathered I have never tried it. I took a long length of crochet cotton, size 10, and did a zigzag over it. I lengthened the stitch length and width as far as I could. Then I was able to pull the thread out, and it had gathered for me.

What great tips do you have for sewing?  I would love to hear from you. I would also love for you to follow me. I have more projects coming up that I can't wait to share with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment